ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW: A.I.C CURE International, a subsidiary of CURE International is a Christian organization based in Kijabe whose efforts are focused on providing medical care to children suffering primarily from orthopedic conditions.
POSITION: Orthopedic Technologist
LOCATION: Kijabe, Kenya.
Terms: Fulltime Contract
FREQUECY OF TRAVEL: Limited.
To provide care to clients with orthopedic conditions through the application, adjustment and removal of splints, braces and traction fittings.
- Ensure efficient and effective assessment, measurement and fitting of patients with orthopedic appliances that meet the standards set by the hospital.
- Maintain the inventory of equipment and supplies on a daily basis, ensuring the inventory is secure and accounted for and reporting to HOD needed supplies to keep inventory at proper levels.
- Maintain records of all work requested and completed; ensuring all work is recorded for proper billing.
- General care for tools, machines and equipment.
- Produce elbow crutches on a weekly basis.
- Diploma level education in Orthopedic Technology.
- 1-2 Years’ Experience as an Orthopedic Technologist
- Demonstrated eagerness and ability to learn new techniques and functions for making orthopedic appliances.
- A strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology and expertise in the different materials and equipment involved in both prosthetic and orthotic care.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
NOTE: Ladies and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send their C.V and cover letter to [email protected] by 16th September C.O.B.
If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the close of this date, consider your application unsuccessful.