ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW: A.I.C CURE International, a subsidiary of CURE International is a Christian organization based in Kijabe whose efforts are focused on providing medical care to children suffering from diverse orthopedic conditions.
LOCATION: Kijabe, Kenya.
Terms: Fulltime Contract
FREQUECY OF TRAVEL: Limited.
Ensure provision of high quality kitchen services through food preparation, menu planning, food apportioning and purchases for both staff and patients.
- Ability to plan menus, determine quantities of food needed
- Maintain and ensure healthy standards in the kitchen
- Food preparation, service and presentation
- Kitchen management
- Liaise with the Kitchen Supervisor in overseeing the other cooks.
- Prepare special meals or substitute items.
- Ability to handle customer needs and complains in the absence of the supervisor
- Ability to cater for big groups of people in a conference set up. In-charge of all quality activities in relation to this position as per the Hospital Standards.
- Diploma in food production or diploma in hospitality management
- 1-3 years’ work experience in Kitchen, hotel or hospital environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
NOTE: Persons living with disability are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send their C.V and cover letter to [email protected] by 16th September C.O.B. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the close of this date, consider your application unsuccessful.