Position: Biomed Technologist
All employees of CURE are expected to support and embody the following Core Values:
- Being Christlike– We value reflecting Jesus with compassion to those we serve.
- Being Childlike– We value a child’s passion for life and dependence on God in how we think, live, and love.
- Integrity– We value doing what we say and saying what we do.
- Restoring the Broken– We value taking action in responding to the physical and spiritual needs of those without voice and resources.
- Intentional Relationships– We value collaborative partnerships that cultivate trust and authenticity.
This position requires the employee to perform the duties of the position in support of, and not in opposition to, the Statement of Faith.
Position Title: Biomed Technologist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Facility Manager
Frequency of Travel: Rare
Purpose of the job:
1. To perform and achieve an effective equipment management and plan for PPM on medical of equipment in order to enhance efficiency in healthcare delivery.
2. To Train users and technicians on medical equipment operation and maintenance with a view of delivering quality services in the organization
The Biomedical Technology Functions outlined below refer to the General Maintenance, Monitoring, Planning and Management of the Hospital’s Biomedical Capabilities, in regards to Machinery, Equipment and Processes:
Essential Functions/Responsibilities: –
- Operate Medical equipment plant, Manifold Systems and Maintain as per routine schedule.
- Conduct Induction training, user and technical training for the best care, use and maintenance of hospital equipment.
- Report to Facility Manager any arising issues relating to Biomed in order to enhance smooth running of the organization.
- In collaboration with Facility Manager and Procurement Manager liaise with external service providers for PPM and Calibration of equipment as per annual schedulein order to enhance efficient and effective service delivery.
- Monitoring and reporting any biomed performance as per procedure through Custom Maintenance Soft Ware (CMS).
- Maintain an up to date Biomedical equipment and tools on CMS inventory.
- Maintain an up to date inventory and file system of medical equipment, including any serial numbers and manufacturer information on C.M.S.
- Oversee and service or repair of medical equipment with the assistance of Facility Manager,other qualified service providers and Cure Network Biomed).
- Maintain an up-to-date file of equipment manuals and schematic diagrams supplied by manufacturers.
- At all times, use proper safety equipment during inspection, repair, transport and maintenance of medical and other equipment. This includes proper protection against bio-hazardous waste, chemicals or electrical hazards.
- Effectively communicate with medical personnel regarding medical equipment and their proper use.
NB/ This list is not exhaustive and may be asked to carry out other reasonable tasks by management when necessary.
All duties to be undertaken in accordance with the Facility Health and Safety Practices and Policies
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Biomed
- Diploma in Biomedical technologist
- Computer Literate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Flexible to assist in other technical duties under facility department.
- The unavoidable, externally imposed conditions under which the work must be performed and which create hardship for the incumbent including the frequency and duration of occurrence of physical demands, environmental Conditions, demands on one’s senses and metal demands.
- Work in dusty, dirty, hot, or wet conditions, or in confined areas, ditches, or other uncomfortable places.
- Work overtime, nights, weekends and be on call.
Interested and qualified applicants to send in their testimonials via email: [email protected]